About NQ Connect
NQ Connect is a free phone and online counselling service for people aged 15 and over in the Northern Queensland Primary Health Network (NQPHN) region.
Professionally trained counsellors will listen and help you develop strategies to manage what is causing you to feel stressed or overwhelmed. Our NQ Connect counsellors can help with:
- Anger management
- Drug and alcohol abuse
- Financial worries
- Grief and loss
- Isolation and loneliness
- Low self-esteem
- Relationship and family problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work stress
Call 1300 059 625 to speak to a counsellor or register on the website for free online counselling. Help is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You don’t need a referral, so you can get in touch at a time that suits you. The counselling service is free (local call charges may apply).
Please note the helpline number and online counselling service is only available to people in the North Queensland Primary Health Network region. If you are outside of the region, please contact your nearest support service. If it is an emergency, dial 000.
NQ Connect offers a range of ways to speak to a professional counsellor:
- Phone counselling – Call 1300 059 625 to talk to a counsellor, available 24/7 (local call charges may apply)
- Online chat counselling – Register to sign up for online counselling chat , available 24/7
- Video counselling – Register to sign up for video counselling over Skype, available 24/7
- Book a phone counselling session – If your situation is not urgent, you may request a call back from NQ Connect who will call you within 24 hours, between 9am and 9pm.
When you contact NQ Connect, you will be able to:
- Speak or chat online with a professionally trained counsellor.
- Call or chat online at any time – 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Talk to a counsellor about what’s going on with you and your stresses and concerns.
- Develop strategies to manage your situation.
You may be eligible to receive up to six free telephone counselling sessions, scheduled at times to best suit your needs.
If your situation is an emergency, please dial 000.
You can register for free on the website to gain access to:
- K10 Test for depression and anxiety – a self-help tool to help you determine to what extent you’ve experienced depression or anxiety over the last month.
- NQ Connect Mental Health Discussion Forum – to talk with like-minded people about any mental health and wellbeing topics.
- Support Service Provider Database to help you find a local health practitioner in Northern Queensland.
NQ Connect is funded by the Northern Queensland Primary Health Network and is delivered by On the Line. On the Line is a social health business with over 55 years’ experience providing mental health services to the community including MensLine Australia and Suicide Call Back Service.